Thursday 19 May 2016

Wells Joins Ford for CTCC Assault

Dan Wells will make history this season by becoming the first non-Chinese driver to race in the China Touring Car Championship.

The Brit, who is based in Hong Kong, will race in four of the championship's eight rounds for the Changan Ford team, the maximum number a non-Chinese driver can compete in.

"I'm very pleased to sign with the Changan Ford Racing Team," said Wells. "It is a great achievement that I will be racing for a manufacturer this year, and even better that it be in a Chinese championship with so much excitement and fan engagement. Racing a touring car is completely different to anything I’ve done before, but I will be working with the team to ensure the best possible results. Bring on the first round!"

Kenneth Ma, team manager of Changan Ford, added "With Dan joining us for 2016 I am confident we will fight for race wins so I’m very excited about the season ahead. Dan has showed his talent and speed in single seaters in the last few years, and it is with great pleasure that he will be in one of my cars this year."

The opening round of the championship takes place this weekend in Nanjing in eastern China.




Image: Dan Wells/Changan Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment